WATCH THE B-RATED TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3SjCvl7RvI
WHAT IS THIS THING?
Super Mega Bob is an indie retro 2D shooter influenced by a childhood of gaming classics like Mega Man, Legend of Zelda, Adventures of Lolo, Kirby, and Jetpack. The game also sports modern gaming concepts from titles like The Binding of Isaac and Diablo III. Here are some highlights of what you’ll see in Beta 0.2:
- Rendered in beautiful 16-bit style artwork, the game features gorgeous lighting and a day/night cycle that keeps the gameplay fresh and colorful.
- 2D shooting the way it should be: loads of baddies in each level who show absolutely no mercy. This is old-school as it should be. . . HARD.
- A balanced upgrade system that keeps gameplay fresh and relaxing while still remaining just as challenging
- 17 game levels, 14 unique enemy types, 50+ upgrades, and one awesome boss battle!
- Solid sound effects and chiptune-style music that add that final “mesh” factor to the game
- Creative hats and costumes to allow for player customization
So what are you waiting for? Download the free beta now! VISIT DOWNLOAD PAGE
SEE THE GAME ON DESURA: VISIT DESURA PAGE (Super Mega Bob was chosen for Desura’s February 21st “Freedom Friday” promotion )
Daniel Hall runs Jenito Games. He has been developing games since he was nine and worked seriously in the indie game market for the last five years. He is a one man indie game studio. He has been directly involved in every step of making Super Mega Bob from the planning to the artwork to the coding to the sound. It is a reflection of his dreams and his love for games and his early childhood exposure to gaming classics.xposure to gaming classics.
Press Release from Jenito