Are you one of these people who enjoyed the Fatal Frame games years back, do you own a Wii U? Well you are in luck as the Japanese publication Famitsu Tecmo Koei announced that a new Fatal Frame game is in development. For those who aren't aware Fatal Frame is a survival horror game that has appeared multiple consoles, however the big difference between this Fatal Frame entry and the others is that this is a collaboration project between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei so the game will only arrive on the Wii U.
No information has yet been revealed about the upcoming game, though the magazine does reveal about multimedia projects that they hope will expand the francise. Here is all the information:
- Tecmo Koei is expanding the franchise through a series of new multimedia expansions
- From Kadokawa Corporation, a live-action film starring Seventeen magazine models Ayami Nakajo and Aoi Morikawa is in production for a fall release
- Bilocation director Mari Asato is directing
- From Kadokawa Horror Bunko and Multiple Personality Detective Psycho and The Kurosagi CorpseDelivery Service author Eiji Otsuka, an original novel is due out in August.
- From Kodansha and Kindaichi Case Files writer Shin Kibayashi (known by his pen name Tadashi Agi), a comic is also planned
So does this news make you happy, I personally feel that this is a great thing for Nintendo as providing the Fatal Frame fan base still cares and Nintendo advertises when the game eventually releases this could get the Wii U a lot of attention. I am hoping that Nintendo might announce something soon at E3 and give us some interesting information because the Wii U could be great for survival horror just look at Zombi U.
Source: Nintendo Everything