German website Ntower were given he opportunity to speak with Game Freaks Junichi Masuda and Shigeru Ohmori. In an interview they shared a series of details about Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire including what I might add as some pretty interesting ideas.
I have compiled the details below for you to read:
– Project started on 11.21.2012
– Hoenn is a place full of life. Pokémon with special abilities are sitting in the grass and you can see them on the overworld map. There are also Pokémon at the beach, etc.
– Some places did change, even the story has been changed a bit
– There are going to be trainer battles underwater. Special battle animations like a slower movement of Pokéballs are going to make this a special occasion.
– PSS/PokéMonAmi/Supertraining will all be present in the remakes
– Pokémon X / Y will be compatible with ORAS, but there will be no patch to make the primal evolutions available in X and Y. The same goes for the new mega evolutions.
– You remember the trumpets? Yeah, they are going to be present in the Remakes, but not as much as before.
– The origin of the trumpets lies in Masudas past, since he was part of a marching band in Highschool.
– You will be able to do much more once you have finished the story of ORAS, like flying around with Mega Latias and Mega Latios. Secret bases, contests, hunting legendary Pokémon and other stuff will keep you busy.
– Figuring out the origins of the Mega Evolution will be a big part of the story.
– Multi-Nav is going to be on your touchscreen and will show different things, like Pokémon in your current area or a map. It also shows what your friends do in their games.