Yesterday, the organisation Women in Games announced the nominees for the European Women in Mobile Games Awards. The award ceremony will take place on September 6 at the East London Arts and Music Academy in London.
- South Park Phone Destroyer. Led by Neha Joshi, Producer at RedLynx, a Ubisoft Studio from Finland
- Jungle Animal Hair Salon 2. Led by Miglė Šaulytė, CMO at TutoTOONS from Lithuania
- Birdie’s Adventure. Led by Astrid Refstrup, Co-Founder at Triple Topping Games from Denmark
- Eden Isle: Resort Paradise. Led by Elaine Reynolds, CEO at Simteractive Ltd. from Ireland
- Rocket Rumble. Led by Vicky Smalley, CTO at Small Jelly from UK
- Serena Supergreen und der abgebrochene Flügel (Serena Supergreen and the broken blade). Led by Linda Kruse, Co-Founder & MD from Germany
- A Normal Lost Phone. Led by Elizabeth Maler, Co-Founder at Accidental Queens from France
The awards at stake include The Grand Prix, the award for the best mobile game made by a woman or a team of women, and the Leadership Award, recognizing the exceptional quality of the work of a mobile game developer.
“We’re very pleased with the number of entries we’ve received for the first Women in Games Mobile Awards, coming from around Europe and representing a broad selection of pioneering women in the industry,” said Marie-Claire Isaaman, CEO of Women in Games. “Our ambition with these awards is to highlight the breadth of talent that exists and as such we encourage everyone to submit their entries next year too. All are welcome, whether they have been in the industry a long time or just starting out.”
Women in Games is a non-profit organisation that encourages women to pursue a career in the games industry and supports those already in the industry.
More nominees may be announced leading up to the awards. Tickets for the award ceremony may be purchased on their website.
- Women In Games. (2017). Nominations announced for the European Women in Games Mobile Awards. Available: http://www.womeningames.org/news/nominations-announced-for-the-women-in-games-mobile-awards/. Last accessed 31st Aug 2017.