Octopath Traveler 2 is an expansive RPG with several Jobs to equip and skills to choose from and upgrade. One of the most impressive and unique skill sets comes from the Secret Job Inventor, which allows you to create new and powerful items to help you in battle. Having these abilities in your arsenal will give you an edge during combat and make it easier to defeat tough opponents.
The Inventor skills are relatively easy to unlock if you know where to look. However, they have a unique unlock requirement: instead of using Job Points (JP), you must find certain items around the world of Solistia. In this guide, we’ll show you how to get your hands on every Inventor skill available in Octopath Traveler 2.
What Are The Inventor’s Skills?
Inventor is a Job exclusive to Octopath Traveler 2. With it, characters can craft powerful tools to use in battle. The variety of tools available ranges from healing items to damaging weapons and protective armor. There are eight Inventor skills that you can unlock in Octopath Traveler 2, namely Changeable Catapult, Springy Boots, Critical Scope, Elemental Bomb Bottle, Tin Horn, Hastening Hammer, Arkar’s Coil, and the Divine Skill All-Purpose Tool.
How to Unlock Inventor Skills in Octopath Traveler 2
In Octopath Traveler 2, players can unlock Inventor skills by finding specific items throughout Solistia and presenting them to Arkar. Arkar is located in the Inventor’s Guild on the outskirts of New Delsta City. No additional action is required to use the Changeable Catapult and Springy Boots skills, as your character begins with these two skills already unlocked. Here’s how to unlock the remaining Inventor skills in Octopath Traveler 2:
This skill allows players to deal maximum damage to a single opponent for four turns. Any attack during this period will transform into a critical attack.
Unlocking this skill requires two items, the Unerring Earring, and the Critical Earring, which you can get by purchasing from the Weapon Shop in various towns.
- Unerring Earing: You can buy this item from the weapon shop in New Delsta (Throne the Thief’s starting town.)
- Critical Earing: You can buy this item from the weapon shop in Canalbrine (Castti the Apothecary’s starting town.) Alternately, it can be Purchased or Stolen from a Carpenter in Sai’s East District.
Elemental Bomb Bottle
This skill inflicts damage using one of the opponent’s elemental weaknesses once. Unlocking this skill requires you to gather four items:
- Fire Soulstone: You can get this item by opening chests, defeating monsters, or purchasing goods at shops throughout Solistia.
- Ice Soulstone: You can get this item by opening chests, defeating monsters, or purchasing goods at shops throughout Solistia.
- Thunder Soulstone: You can get this item by opening chests, defeating monsters, or purchasing goods at at shops throughout Solistia.
- Rainbow Glass Bottle: You can get this item in a red colored chest in the harbor area of the town Conning Creek.
This skill fills the Latent Power gauge of all party members. Unlocking this skill requires you to gather three items:
- Empowering Lychee: You can get this item by opening chests, defeating monsters, and at shops throughout Solistia.
- Tin Toy: To obtain the Tin Toy, you must finish Partitio the Merchant’s Chapter 3. Afterward, proceed to Wellgrove Department Store at night, where you’ll find a Merchant. Acquire the Tin Toy from the said merchant. You can Entreat him with Agnea the Dancer or Mug him with Osvald the Scholar to get this item.
- Mythical Horn: You can acquire this item from a chest found in the Nameless Village, accessible after knocking out the Beastling guarding the chest. You can use Throne the Thief’s Ambush or Castti the Apothecary’s Soothe to make the Beastling unconscious.
This skill launches a powerful physical blow at a single target and reduces the crafting time of another invention by one turn.
- Soldier’s Bow: You can buy this item from the weapon shop in Clockbank. It costs 11,000 Leaves, so you might need to save up!
- Great Blade: You can steal this item from the Elite Sanctum Knight at night in Stormhail. Because he’s only there at night, you can use Osvald the Scholar’s Mug or Agnea the Dancer’s Entreat to get the item.
- Guardian’s Axe: You can buy this item from the weapon shop in Stormhail. It costs 23,000 Leaves, so definitely start saving!
This spell restores 40% of an ally’s HP and SP, with the added bonus of granting them 1 BP. You can also revive incapacitated allies with this skill.
- Scrap Metal: You can get this item from a Factory Worker in Clockbank. He stands outside of the Weapon Shop. Because the Factory Worker is there at all times, you can Purchase, Steal, Entreat, or Mug to get this item.
- Ancient Cog: You can get this item via Purchase or Steal from a Factory Worker on Roque Island., standing near the tavern (Reaching Roque Island requires having Partitio Purchase an ocean-going boat for 100,000 Leaves.)
- Natural Magnetite: You can get this item in a red chest found inside the Unfinished Tunnel connected to the Southern Crackridge Wilds. The boss monster in this tunnel does NOT need to be defeated to claim this item!
The most powerful skill available to the Inventor, All-Purpose Tool automatically begins crafting all other inventions. You do not have to do anything special to unlock this skill. Once you have unlocked all other Inventor skills, simply talk to Arkar and he will give you this automatically.
That concludes our guide on how to unlock every Inventor skill in Octopath Traveler 2. Was this guide helpful to you? Comment below and let us know!
Octopath Traveler 2 is a role-playing game available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC platforms.