From the awesome people at NintendoEnthusiast, have just received a very doozy rumor in where Microsoft and Sony might be working with each other. It seems their source has been right about a few things in the past about Nintendo related things such as the Nintendo Network.
Here is the brief summary of what the source told them
- Sony and Microsoft are terrified of the upcoming generation. Sales are down each holiday season, Apple is taking over market space, and Nintendo has decided to join the hardcore industry more whole-heartedly.
- Epic, EA Games, Crytek, Konami, Square Enix, and other powerhouses are being more assertive, having more of a say in the matter – they are somewhat directing what will happen in the next generation. And they are swaying the heads of both companies in certain directions.
- Sony’s executives are enticed by the money flowing from Microsoft’s coffers.
- Sony and Google had been in talks around GDC time, this year.
- [This was his most confusing statement:] Microsoft opened the doors for talks, some “party” walked in to negotiate, and Sony had to reluctantly agree.
- As Katuragi left Sony, a psuedo-truce was able to form. [I take this to mean: Sony exec, Tetsuhiko Yasuda, once said that he would consider working with Microsoft. But Ken Katuragi, the father of the Playstation, was against it. After he resigned as honorary SCEI chairman in June 2011, it opened up the opportunity again to discuss a partnership.
- There will be dramatic revelations that will affect the entire industry.
Video Game Hardware Sales have been down but I believe it’s the hardware makers fault for trying to stretch the generation longer than the customary 5-6 years. Also people have been getting used to updating their phones and tablets every 1-2 years which game consoles seem more outdated. Also Both Sony and Microsoft haven’t announced any next generations consoles, I thought it was strange, so who knows they could be maybe thinking of working with each other some way. As always take this as a rumor with a grain of salt, I personally think the rumor is false other than Sony and Google in the talks.