Octopath Traveller 2 is an upcoming role-playing game developed and published by Square Enix for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Pc Platforms. The game is the latest entry in the Octopath series and a sequel to Octopath Traveler, which is set to release on 24th February 2023. Square Enix has released a 3-hour gameplay demo of Octopath Traveller 2, giving us an overview of its current available characters and their paths and objectives. In this guide, we share details on all confirmed characters in Octopath Travellers 2.
All Confirmed Characters for Octopath Traveler 2
There are currently eight characters available in the game, and each of them has thier own path and class. Below we have shared the details of every available character and their abilities in Octopath Traveller 2.
- Info: Osvald V. Vanstein is a scholar who has been accused of murdering his wife and daughter and has been locked in a frigid cell for 1,879 days. Now he wants revenge on the man named Harvey who killed his family.
- Path: A Journey for Revenge
- Job: Scholar
- Abilities: Specialist in powerful magic and uses elemental weaknesses against the enemy.
- Path Actions: Scrutinize and Mug— During the day, he tries to get information from the people of his town but risks further tarnishing his reputation. At night he fights with people and steals things from them.
- Talent: Study Foe— He automatically recognizes the enemy’s weakness at the start of the battle.
- Latent Power: Concentrate Spells— This spell has the power to attack multiple enemies. A full latent power gauge can focus massive power on just one enemy, multiplying its power massively.
- Info: Temenos Mistral is a cleric whose story begins in the mountainous region of the Crestlands. Everything was going fine until a tragic incident occurs in the church. Now he is on a journey to solve the mystery left behind by that incident.
- Path: A Journey for Truth
- Job: Cleric
- Abilities: He has the ability to use the strength of others to his advantage.
- Path Actions: Guide and Coerce— During the day, he calls upon and guides the townspeople around the battlefield. At night, he lets out the information by breaking people’s shields in battle.
- Talent: Moonlight Judgement— Reduces the accuracy and defense of your enemies by blinding them during night combat.
- Latent Power: Judgement— A full latent power can lower an enemy’s shield points through attacks.
- Info: Partitio Yellowwill is a merchant whose story begins in the vast wastes of the Wildlands. He strives for equality, therefore, he has embarked on a journey to eradicate the evil called poverty from the world.
- Path: A Journey for Prosperity
- Job: Merchant
- Abilities: He has an excellent support class ability that commands allies and donates BP to help the other members in battle.
- Path Actions: Purchase and Hire— During the day, he can use his merchant charm to take expensive and rare items from the people. At night, he can hire people on the streets with money that will later help him during the battle.
- Talent: Business Partners— Hired people can help you outside the battle too. They can get extra discounts and other freebies in shops.
- Latent Power: Hoot and Holler— His Hoot and Holler power can refill a party member’s entire BP in one snap.
- Info: Agnea Bristani is an 18-year-old dancer who dances in a small bar in a small country town. She has a very big dream to become a world-famous dancer to continue her mother’s dancing prowess.
- Path: A Journey for Stardom
- Job: Dancer
- Abilities: Gives her allies bonuses such as strengthening their attacks and removing enemy shields.
- Path Actions: Temptation and Beg— During the day, using the command ‘temptation’, she can talk to local townspeople and lead them on her journey. At night, she can use her ability to beg for offerings from the townspeople.
- Talent: Session— She can use her dancer moves to grant bonuses to any townspeople she has tempted along.
- Latent Power: All Together— She can share her abilities with the rest of the members.
- Info: Ochette is a hunter whose story begins on the isle of Toto’haha alongside his fellow beastlings. He leaves a comfortable and carefree life and embarks on a journey to seek help to prevent a disaster called the Night of Scarlet.
- Path: A Journey for Legends
- Job: Hunter
- Abilities: She has the ability to befriend animals and use them in battle.
- Path Actions: Provoke and Befriend— During the day, she can start a fight with townspeople by provoking them with her animal friends. If you lose in that fight, you will lose your reputation. With the help of certain items, she can befriend the townspeople at night.
- Talent: Capture and Prepare— With the help of her talent, she can capture monsters by weakening them in battle and can later summon these monsters any time she wants.
- Latent Power: Animal Instincts— When her gauge is full, she can unleash her inner beast and gain new attacks and skills without losing any SP.
- Info: Throné Anguis is a thief whose story begins in a thrilling city in the Brightlands. she is a member of Blacksnake, a thieves’ guild that controls the city. She is tired of this world of bloodshed and wants to escape from this world of crime.
- Path: A Journey for Freedom
- Job: Thief
- Abilities: As a thief, she has the ability for stealth and deception
- Path Actions: Steal and Ambush— During the day, she can acquire valuables by pickpocketing people in town. If she fails to do that, she will spoil her reputation. If her level is high enough, she can make people unconscious and move forward even when someone is blocking her path.
- Talent: Blessing of Darkness— With her talent, she can increase her entire team’s physical/elemental/speed attack power so that she and her team don’t have to be on the defensive.
- Latent Power: Leave No Trace— with her latent power, she can act twice in one turn. She can either attack enemies twice or attack then heal.
- Info: Castti Florenz is an apothecary whose story begins in a port town of the Harborlands.During an incident, she lost her memory and is now on a journey to regain her lost memory.
- Path: A Journey for Memories
- Job: Apothecary
- Abilities: Her inquisitive nature and apothecary skills are her excellent ability.
- Path Actions: Inquire and Soothe— If her level is high enough, she can ask the townspeople for information during the daytime. With the help of an item, she can soothe the sick and put them to sleep at night with her apothecary talents.
- Talent: Concoct— makes medicines and items to help the party or fend off the enemy.
- Latent Power: Every Drop Counts— When her gauge is full, she can produce items without using up anything in the inventory.
- Info: Hikari Ku is a 21-year-old Swordsman from the Hinoeuma region. He is the second prince of Ku who is concerned for his country and its people, who are constantly at war.
- Path: A Journey For Home
- Job: Warrior
- Abilities: He has a variety of sword and spear attacks.
- Path Actions: Match and Bribe— Using the ‘Match’ field command, he can battle local townspeople during the daytime. But to fight stronger opponents, he needs to reach a certain level. At night, Hikari can bribe others with money to get information from them.
- Talent: Learned Tricks— Hikari can learn new techniques from his opponent by defeating them in battle.
- Latent Power: Shadow Power— This allows him to deliver high-damage attacks without consuming any SP.
That concludes our guide on all confirmed characters for Octopath Traveller 2. I hope you find this guide helpful. Please share it with others if you do.
Octopath Traveller 2 is an upcoming role-playing currently available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC platforms.