Armello has just exited Steam Early Access and has officially launched.
The game is an RPG that mixes the strategy of tabletop gaming with classic RPG elements. It was a kickstarter project by League of Geeks, and is one of the better success stories you’ll hear.
You play as an animal from one of four clams: Bear, Rabbit, Rat and Wolf. The aim of the game is to journey around the land and defeat the mad Lion King, taking the throne for yourself.
How you take the kingdom is your choice. You could weaken the king using Rot, and defeat him in battle, or collect the four spirit stones and restore peace. You could gain the kings favour and have the throne passed down to you. Or even try to outdo the kings evil and seize the kingdom by force!
you can also use the multiplayer feature to get your friends involved, either working with or against them to get yourself closer to the crown.
Those of you who own the game may notice that leaving the Early Access has added new features to the game. There are now four more characters to play, bringing the total to 8, a new winter-themed tile has been added, graphics have been updated, and multiplayer matchmaking has been updated.
- Pick-up-and-play simplicity while maintaining the depth of turn-based strategy
- Experience a new procedurally-generated board every match
- Choose from eight playable characters, each with their own unique play styles
- Explore over 200 dynamic quests to earn items, cards or stat bonuses
- Collect and play more than 120 beautifully animated cards
- Select one of two game modes – single player or online multiplayer for up to four players
- Conquer Armello in four ways – Combat, Prestige, Spirit Stone or Rot
You can see the launch trailer below:
You can buy Armello on steam for $19.99.