How to Study and Play Games at the Same Time [Sponsored Post]

The following post is Sponsored

Organizing yourself and your work is always very difficult, especially now, with the onset of endless quarantine. Not every adult is able to plan time, stay productive, and not be tempted to play non-stop on the computer, let alone students and schoolchildren! Of course, computer games are much more attractive — the beautiful graphics, music, storyline, new worlds, simulations — all this excites the human brain. You have some math tests and preparation for exams, which require a lot of effort and nerves. But we know that you still need to work, so we gathered in cooperation with  essay writing service a few tips from experienced gamers on how to combine games and studies.

1‑3‑5 Rule

Your working time during the day is limited, and the rule of 1-3-5 allows you to spend it most wisely. Its essence is the following. In one day you can do only one large task, three medium and five small ones. In total, you will have nine cases — no more and no less. The rule will help you gradually clear up the blockages, meeting the deadline, and not getting overworked. It will allow you to be more focused and learn how to allocate time properly. Afterward, you can let yourself relax by playing your favorite game.

90/30 Method

You work hard for 90 minutes, then rest for half an hour, and then repeat the cycle. In this case, you dedicate the first 90 minutes to the most important task you have to do during the day and devote the next segments to less important tasks. It is best for those who are used to thinking in time slots and dedicating a certain amount of time to studying.

Fresh or Fried

According to this technique, when you wake up in the morning, your brain is fresh, but as the day progresses, it gets fried. This means that you should determine the time of your peak productivity and have time to do all the most important things of the day during this period. If your productivity peaks in the evening, play and relax in the morning. If you are productive in the morning, postpone games until the evening. This method is recommended to those who find every evening that they are absolutely exhausted and have had no time, although they have worked all day.

The Tim Ferriss Method

Tim Ferriss is a productivity guru who came up with his method of organizing work based on two rules. The first is the 80/20 rule, or the Pareto principle, which says that 80% of our work can be done 20% of the time. The other 20 percent will take 80 percent of our time. The second is Parkinson’s law. The work fills the time allotted to it. According to Ferriss, the next thing to come out of this is getting things done, and you don’t have to work more; you have to focus better. Work only 20 percent of your time, but get all the really important stuff done. The remaining 80% can be devoted to mundane chores or games.

The Pomodoro Technique or the 25 Minute System

You take a timer and set it for 25 minutes. After that, you focus on your work. When the 25 minutes are up, you rest for five minutes and then do it all over again. After four cycles, you take a big break for half an hour. The method can be useful to anyone, especially when you need to do long, monotonous work, such as writing an article or a report, preparing for an exam. If you plan accurately, the rest of the time, you can play computer games peacefully. In the same way, you can set a timer for games, especially if the sessions do not take up much time. The alarm clock rings — stop the game and go back to work.

Eating Frogs

It is true that the method was invented not by a gamer but by motivational speaker and author of books on self-development Brian Tracy, but the method itself is very convenient and good. The frogs are unpleasant and difficult tasks that you must perform despite your reluctance. From the very beginning of the day, do one such thing — eat a frog. And then it will be easier for you. You will remove this stone from your soul and provide yourself with a good mood for the whole day. Therefore, the method is suitable for those people who need some kind of motivation or attachment to some important goal.

You can also give yourself not free hours, but free days because everyone should have days off. Distribute the tasks throughout the week so as to leave yourself a free day or two that you can devote to yourself. You don’t have to rush anywhere, and you don’t have any tasks, chores, and housework — a whole day of freedom and games.

In fact, combining study, self-development, and computer games are not so difficult. The main thing is to want to and find opportunities. Just don’t be lazy and be true to yourself.

Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments