The attache case in Resident Evil 4 Remake remains a major component in the game that is almost as popular with fans as the horror and shooting. There’s just something so calming about going into your case and arranging your weapons, ammo, and healing items into a perfectly organized grid. That system was hardly changed from the original Resident Evil 4 but that doesn’t mean other aspects of the inventory weren’t improved.
Aside from all the charms you can equip on your case to grant different buffs, Resident Evil 4 Remake also added entirely new attache cases that have their own buffs on top of those provided by Charms. If you’re ready to upgrade your luggage, this guide will cover how you can get all the new attache cases in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
How To Unlock All Attache Cases In Resident Evil 4 Remake
There are technically five different cases you can get in Resident Evil 4 Remake, however, two of them may not be available to you. The reason for this is that one is only offered with the Deluxe Edition of the game, and the other was given away as a preorder bonus. As of the time of writing, there is no other way to get these if you didn’t preorder Resident Evil 4 Remake or get the Deluxe Edition.
As for the Attache Cases you can unlock normally, here are each one, what effect they offer, and how to get them:
- Silver Attache Case: This is your default starting case, but it does come with a buff you might have overlooked since you didn’t have a choice in cases when starting the game. This case increases the drop rate of handgun ammo.
- Black Attache Case: This case becomes available to purchase from the Merchant for eight Spinel starting in Chapter 4. Equipping this one increases the drop rate for Large Resources.
- Leather Attache Case: The final one you can buy is offered in Chapter 8 for a price of 12 Spinel and will increase the drop rate for Red Herbs.
- Gold Attache Case: This is the Deluxe Edition exclusive case, and increases the drop rate of Pesetas.
- Classic Attache Case: Last up is the preorder bonus case that increases the drop rate of Gunpowder.
While it is unfortunate that two cases are simply unavailable to most players, it is possible that they will eventually be offered as DLC in the future.
Are you a fan of the Attache Case system in Resident Evil 4 Remake, or do you just use the auto-sort function and call it a day? If you need some extra Spinels to afford a new case, GameLuster can help you complete some requests like the Insect Hive and the Disgrace of the Salazar Family with our guides!