The latest Japanese sales charts are here, and Splatoon 3 has crossed another big milestone. The Oct. 03 to Oct. 09 Famitsu sales charts show that the third entry in the Splatoon series has now passed three million physical sales at retail. These numbers come from our friends over at Install Base, so we thank them for their continued work.
The crown on Splatoon 3 is yet to slip, as it maintains its #1 spot on the Famitsu sales chart for the fifth week in a row with 120,000 new sales. The game now sits at a comfortable three million sales, meaning it has sold more than a million copies in the weeks following its 1.93 million sale debut. Second place this week goes to NieR: Automata – The End of YoRHa Edition on the Switch, selling 30,000 copies in its debut.
Here’s the full Famitsu sales chart for the last week, courtesy of Chris1964 on InstallBase.
- Splatoon 3 (Switch): 120,564 weekly / 3,021,047 total
- NieR: Automata The End of YoRHa (Switch): 30,218 weekly / 30,218 total
- Dragon Quest X Offline (Switch): 21,908 weekly / 188,782 total
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch): 10,522 weekly / 4,865,680 total
- Minecraft (Switch): 6,857 weekly / 2,814,902 total
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival (Switch): 6,677 weekly / 46,673 total
- Dragon Quest X Offline (PS4): 5,483 weekly / 67,144 total
- FIFA 23 (PS4): 5,364 weekly / 27,085 total
- Hakuoki: Shinkai – Ten’un no Shou (Switch): 5,101 weekly / 5,101 total
- FIFA 23: Legacy Edition (Switch): 4,788 weekly / 16,571 total
For fans of Splatoon 3, there’s plenty more to come from the record-breaking game. Next month will feature a Splatoon X Pokemon crossover Splatfest, and there’s more weapons, modes and DLC content on the way in future too.
Are you surprised by the performance of Splatoon 3? Let us know in the comments below, and keep your eyes on GameLuster for more gaming news and sales charts.