After a successful launch two weeks ago, BioWare has revealed a list of changes coming in a patch to their newest sci-fi RPG, Mass Effect: Andromeda.
Following an announcement about upcoming patch details last week, BioWare general manager Aaryn Flynn revealed in a post on the game's official site that the new patch will be made available this Thursday. It will address technical issues, including crashes and performance, and will also feature a number of improvements that the community requested. Highlights include:
- Allowing players to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
- Increasing inventory space
- Improving the appearance of eyes for human and asari characters
- Decreasing the cost of Remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
- Improving localized voice over lip sync
- Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
- Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
The patch includes a host of other changes which can be found in BioWare's patch notes here.
BioWare also teased more patches to be released over the next two months which will further improve stability, performance, and several other areas of the game. These will include:
- More options and variety in the character creator
- Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
- Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
- Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
- Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
BioWare is also looking at releasing more single-player cosmetic items for free.
For multiplayer, BioWare stated that over the same time frame they are "going to continue to build on the APEX missions that have been running since launch... adding new maps, characters, and weapons." On Thursday, they will start the first of three new chapters on The Remnant Investigation.
Are you enjoying your time in Mass Effect: Andromeda so far, or have you not even picked it up? If you've played it, do you think these patches will improve the game? Let us know in the comments below.