Amazon Prime subscribers can get eight free PC games in September with Prime Gaming. As part of the lineup, gamers will find that the main feature is Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor which is served up on a silver platter, conveniently in time for Prime’s The Lord of the Rings: The Rings Of Power. Prime’s TV show is due to drop on the 2nd of September, with the free games being available on the 1st. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor is set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings and follows the story of Gondorian Ranger, Talion, voiced by Troy Baker.
Another hit you will also be able to grab is Assassin’s Creed: Origins, the tenth instalment in Ubisoft’s series where you venture back to the wonders of Ancient Egypt and play as the Medjay named Bayek. Prime’s choice to offer Assassins Creed: Origins free may be a controversial one after Ubisoft announced their server shutdown of earlier versions of Assassin’s Creed II and Assassin’s Creed III last month.
The other highlighted title to be included in Prime’s September list is the sports management simulator Football Manager 2022 by Sega. You can kick off, or rather, step into the shoes of a football manager and determine the direction of your club.
With that in mind, the full game lineup is as follows:
- Assassins Creed: Origins
- Football Manager 2022
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Game Of The Year Edition) – Includes the main game and DLC packs.
- The Dig – A point-and-click adventure game
- Defend the Rook – A tactical strategy title
- We. The Revolution – A historical political simulation
- Castle on the Coast – A retro 3D platformer
- Word of the Law: Death Mask Collector’s Edition – A mystery puzzle title (Includes a bonus chapter, extra achievements, and exclusive concept art, music and wallpapers)
The selection of games is very varied, so if you do have a Prime account there’s likely to be something that takes your fancy.
What do you think of Prime’s September free games offering? Let us know in the comments!