Good news for console players: Publisher PM Studios is bringing its action-packed 2D side scroller, Blade Assault, to consoles on September 30.
Blade Assault takes place after the devastating Red Stone War, which divided the game’s world into three regions. The first is the mutant infested outside grounds. The second is the dark Undercity, where helpless citizens have fled away from mutants. And the third is the beautiful sky city of Esperanza, where the rich and powerful rule over the world. Your job as a recruit in the Undercity’s resistance force is to fight against the corrupted military of Esperanza. Your goal is to bring this corrupted organization to its knees and serve it a good helping of justice.
Blade Assault was released earlier this year to very positive reviews on Steam. Since its release, the game has received many updates. all of which will be ported over to the console versions of the game. These include:
- Three playable characters, each with their own unique playstyle and signature weapons
- 200 different items from Cores to Gears
- Enhanced weapons to take on the monsters flooding the world
- Seven bosses
- The Friendship System, which encourages making friends and earning rewards from the game’s NPCs
- Assault Level, which unlocks after “finishing” the game, and tests players with endless hard-mode waves of enemies
Blade Assualt will release for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S on September 30. In addition, PM Studios will be announcing more details about the Nintendo Switch version of the game, along with pre-order info. However, you can jump into Blade Assault right now via Steam.
Will you be getting Blade Assualt on console later this year? Have you played the game on PC already? Let us know in the comments. For more news on 2D roguelikes, stay tuned right here at GameLuster.