Diablo IV’s Season of The Malignant’s release, the community has seen the game’s meta shift and morph into where it is today. With this comes changes to how classes are played and what builds are considered the best. For Necromancer mains, this new seasonal update hasn’t changed much for the class and it’s still one of the top tiers for most players.
In this guide, you’ll learn about a leveling build for Necromancer. You can play these builds in the new Season of The Malignant or you can just play it in the core experience of the game, it’s up to you!
Leveling Bone Splinters Necromancer Build
Bone Splinters is a highly regarded skill to be used in ranged builds for the Necromancer class. It will give the Necromancer huge damage output while being far from the fray of battle. The Necromancer can be incredibly squishy sometimes so being on the outskirts of any smorgasbord of demons is ideal.
When you hit level 50 you should have a total of 48 points from leveling and 10 points from completing the Renown tasks in each Act Zone’s map. This will bring the skill points you can spend to 58.
If you are playing the Necromancer in the Seasonal mode of the game you will want to hunt down these two Malignant Hearts: Prudent Heart and The Decrepit Aura.
- Prudent Heart: You become Immune for 2.0-4.0 seconds after you lose more than 20% Life in a single hit. This effect can only occur once every 110 seconds.
- The Decrepit Aura: When at least 5 enemies are near you, gain an aura that automatically curses surrounding enemies with Decrepify for 5-15 seconds.
The Core Skills
Your skill bar should consist of Bone Spear, Corpse Explosion, Decrepify, Bone Splinters, and Blood Mist.
In the first 15 levels of your Necromancer, you won’t be using Bone Spear. You will start with Bone Splinters as your core skill to generate your resource, Essence. Bone Splinters is an attack that fires out three bones and each subsequent hit will deal 8% more damage.
During the first 15 levels, you will also need to make use of the Blood Surge skill. Blood Surge draws blood from enemies and spews out in an AoE, causing 50% damage to anyone touched. This is very important because Necromancers for a while are going to be squishy and easily killable and Blood Surge gives you an out just in case you get swarmed.
Corpse Explosion is going to be a mainstay for your Necromancer. Simply put, Corpse Explosion will explode in an AoE dealing 50% damage to surrounding enemies.
The leveling path for Necromancer is a bit more complex than others are in the beginning stages but it looks a bit like this:
- Bone Splinters to Enhanced Splinters
- Blood Surge to Level 5
- Corpse Explosion to Enhanced Corpse Explosion
- Hewed Flesh to Level 3
- Grim Harvest to Level 3
Then Level 15 is where we switch things over.
- Move all Blood Surge points to Bone Spear.
- Bone Spear to Supernatural Bone Spear
- Corpse Explosion to Level 5
- Skeletal Warrior Mastery to Level 3
- Corpse Explosion to Plagued Corpse Explosion
- Serration to Level 3
- Compound Fracture
- Evulsion to Level 3
- Unliving Energy
- Ossified Essence
- Unliving Energy to Level 3
- Fueled by Death to Level 3
- Blood Mist
- Compound Fracture to Level 3
- Imperfectly Balanced
- Decepify to Enhanced Decrepify
- Necrotic Carapace to level 3
The above leveling path is just a soft suggestion. But this is what you should be sitting on at Level 50. It’s highly recommended to have fun and try to figure out what you like the most but if you want something stable, this is what you’ll be wanting.
If you are playing Necromancer in Season of The Malignant, let us know! What build are you playing?