Every Thursday we share the weekly Famitsu sales charts, which tracks physical boxed game sales and hardware sales in Japan. This week’s chart covers March 6 – 12, where Fatal Frame‘s latest entry has a modest debut. Selling almost 11,000 copies on Nintendo Switch and 9,000 copies on PS4, Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse didn’t land particularly high on the charts. It takes number #4 and #6 on the chart for its Switch and PS4 debuts respectively.
Meanwhile, Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe has kept hold of the top spot, selling another 32,000 units over the latest week. It’s followed by Pokémon Scarlet and Violet selling just short of 21,000 units, and then Splatoon 3 with almost 16,000 units. This trinity of Nintendo titles sit comfortably on the top of the charts, without much strong competition this week.
The PlayStation 5 has also kept steady, outselling the Nintendo Switch for yet another week. The PS5 managed to sell almost 65,000 systems, whilst the Switch fell just shy of 60,000 sales. The gap is certainly decreasing, but the PS5 is still on track to potentially outsell the Switch this year, if trends keep up.
Here’s the full Famitsu gaming sales chart for March 6 – 12. Missed last week’s chart where Metroid made a rare appearance? Check it out right here.
- Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe (Switch): 32,132 weekly (283,744 total)
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (Switch): 20,889 weekly (4,929,287 total)
- Splatoon 3 (Switch): 15,861 weekly (3,934,627 total)
- Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (Switch): 10,712 weekly (debut)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch): 10,430 weekly (5,194,090 total)
- Ib (Switch): 9,080 weekly (debut)
- Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (PS4): 9,031 weekly (debut)
- Hogwarts Legacy (PS5): 9,017 weekly (148,552 total)
- Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (PS5): 8,411 weekly (38,543 total)
- Octopath Traveler II (Switch): 7,739 weekly (75,819 total)
Here’s the Famitsu hardware chart too. Console families are grouped together for simplicity. Our yearly data comes from our friends over on InstallBase!
- PS5: 64,869 weekly (744,592 yearly total)
- Switch: 59,901 weekly (775,570 yearly total)
- Xbox Series: 2,887 weekly (34,642 yearly total)
- PS4: 1,602 weekly (17,384 yearly total)
What games or systems did you pick up this week? Let us know in the comments below, and keep your eyes on GameLuster for more gaming news.