Every Thursday we share the weekly Famitsu sales charts, which tracks physical boxed game sales and hardware sales in Japan. This week’s chart covers March 20 – 26, where the remake of Resident Evil 4 had a massive debut. Combining both the PS4 and PS5 versions of the game, Resident Evil 4 sold more than 175,000 units in its first week of release. The PS5 version of the game sold slightly more than the PS4 release, but they are very close to being tied.
It’s a great week for new releases, with the new Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key taking up three spots on this week’s top 10. The Switch version sold the most with just over 31,000 copies sold, but when combined the latest entry of the Atelier series sold more than 60,000 units across platforms.
Here’s the full Famitsu software sales chart for March 20 – 26. Missed last week’s chart where Bayonetta Origins debuted? Check it out right here.
- Resident Evil 4 (PS5): 89,662 weekly (debut)
- Resident Evil 4 (PS4): 85.371 weekly (debut)
- Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key (Switch): 31,140 weekly (debut)
- Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe (Switch): 27,198 weekly (336,143 total)
- Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key (PS4): 17,240 weekly (debut)
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (Switch): 15,044 weekly (4,959,637 total)
- Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key (PS5): 14,787 weekly (debut)
- Splatoon 3 (Switch): 12,146 weekly (3,958,873 total)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch): 10,781 weekly (5,214,116 total)
- Minecraft (Switch): 8,317 weekly (3,083,009 total)
Here’s the Famitsu hardware chart too. Console families are grouped together for simplicity. Our yearly data comes from our friends over on InstallBase!
- Switch: 54,653 weekly (879,808 yearly total)
- PS5: 38,964 weekly (823,967 yearly total)
- PS4: 1,531 weekly (20,030 yearly total)
- Xbox Series: 583 weekly (35,780 yearly total)
Did you buy any new games last week? Was Resident Evil 4 one of them? Let us know in the comments below, and keep your eyes on GameLuster for more gaming news and sales data.