In Hogwarts Legacy, brooms are used as a means of transportation for wizards and witches. Players will be able to use various broomsticks to fly around the large game world, including several bandit camps, forests, mountains, and other locations from the Harry Potter universe. While flying around on a broom might sound like fun, there are a few things players need to keep in mind if they want to stay safe and avoid taking unnecessary risks. This article will teach you how to get and use a broom to fly in Hogwarts Legacy.
How to Get a Flying Broom in Hogwarts Legacy
As you progress in Hogwarts Legacy following the main questline, you will get the mission to complete Jackdaw’s Rest story quest. After completing the Jackdaw’s Rest main story quest, you will get a new quest called Flying Class. In this quest, players will learn how to use a broom to fly in the game from Madam Kogawa.
After completing the Flying Class quest, you can buy a broom from Sprintwitch Sporting Needs, a shop in Hogsmeade Village.
Below we have shared the steps to purchase a broom from Sprintwitch Sporting Needs shop:
- Visit Sprintwitch Sporting Needs shop.
- Interact with the shop owner, Albie Weekes.
- Pick a broom you want to buy.
- Pay 600 coins to get your first broom.
If you don’t have 600 coins, you can either sell your gear to vendors or earn them by completing quests, looting bags, chests, and more. As soon as you have purchased your first broom, a new Flight Test quest with Imelda Reyes at the Quidditch Pitch will become available. Upon completing this quest, Albie will upgrade your broom to make it easier to fly.
How to Use Your Broomstick to Fly in Hogwarts Legacy
As mentioned earlier, you should complete the Flight Test quest before you can fly with your broom.
Assuming you have completed the Flight Test quest. Now follow the steps given below:
- Open the gear menu and find the broom.
- Press Circle/B to activate the broom.
- Press L1 or LB to carry your broom.
- Use the analog of the left thumb to guide the direction of the broom. And to move up and down, tilt the right thumbstick up and down.
- Press and hold R2 or RT to lean forward and fly slightly quicker.
- Press and hold L2 or LT to get a speed boost
- Press Tab + 3 to bring your broom.
- Press the SPACE button to move forward and the CTRL button to move backward.
- Click the left mouse button to get a speed boost.
That concludes our guide on how to get and use a broom to fly in Hogwarts Legacy. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.
Hogwarts Legacy is currently available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC (on Steam and the Epic Game Store) via early access. It will be available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One.