Splatoon has to be one of my favourite games I saw in the digital event and I can't wait to get my hands on it and find out everything about it, here is the details from E3 about the game.
- Paint the level with your squad’s color of ink
- Direct combat as well
- Focusing too much on your opponents can be a distraction from the ultimate goal of painting the town red (orange, pink, green, etc.)
- GamePad shows an overview of which territories are painted and your teammate’s positions on the map
- Can “super jump” to another player’s position by tapping the map
- This allows you to spawn at a safe area but still get halfway across the map without a long traverse
- Traversal is a big part of the game
- Spraying ink all over the map has an immediate impact on your ability to get around the area
- Your character can immediately transform into a squid that will speed along any surface painted with your color
- This allows you to move very quickly
- You can even go up walls and under fences
- Dive under to refill ink
- It’s possible but very difficult to see an opposing player who is in squid mode
Splatoon sounds really cool and I think it is one of the best games Nintendo announced this year.