I have never in my life played a Worms game I have never completely understood the point or focus of the games they just often seemed far to stupid to be any fun, of course I have been proven wrong on multiple occasions about my initial impressions on certain games and perhaps Worms would be no different. But the point of this is there is a new Worms game in coming for Current Generation Consoles minus the Wii U and the developers have given us a release date and some details on the game.
At this point in time Worms Battlegrounds has been given a release date for both America and Europe.
Team17 will launch the game digitally in the US on June 3rd for the PlayStation Store. In Europe, retail and digital releases are planned for May 30th.
Worms Battlegrounds will offer the following features:
• 25 single player story missions
• 10 ‘Worm‐Ops’ time attack missions
• 5 environments: Inca, Viking, Feudal Japan, Industrial Revolution and Prehistoric with day to night lighting transitions
• Multiplayer Deathmatch and Fort modes with online and local multiplayer for up to four players
• Stunning graphics and gameplay running at 1080p 60fps
• Landscape editor
• Clan support including clan emblem editor
• 65 weapons and utilities including 10 outrageous new items: Mega Mortar, Gravedigger, Winged Monkey, Oxygen, Worm Charm, Bovine Blitz, Whoopsie Cushion, Teleport Gun, Aqua Pack and The Equalizer
• Physics based contraptions
• Over 200 individual customisation items for the worms
• DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller’s light bar dynamically changes colour depending on your worm’s scenario. Watch as the light car glows red for attacks and explosions, blue when your worm is submerged in dynamic water and green to indicate that your worm is poisoned (PS4 version only)
• Weapon Gestures. Assign up to four weapons for quick select using the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller’s Touch Pad (PS4 version only)
• Companion website. Keep track of your stats on the go! (PS4 version only)
• SmartGlass companion app. Keep track of your stats on the go! (Xbox One version only)
Source: Team17 PR