If you’re a fan of Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, there’s much to be excited about this month. Halfway through this month, beginning on June 14, players can expect a lot of new content to be introduced into both ongoing Call of Duty titles, with maps, game modes, and new weapons that can be used to take down enemies. This is seemingly one of the larger seasons for the games so far, as it’s already the fourth one that players are being treated to. But what can players really expect to see this month? Well, sit back and we’ll have everything laid out for you so that you’re ready to jump into the action on June 14, when Season 4 hits Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.0.
What Changes Are Coming To Call Of Duty With Season 4?
Whether you’re playing on the multiplayer side of Modern Warfare 2 or the chaotic action-packed side of Warzone 2.0’s battle royale modes, there’s a lot of content that will not only enhance the experience of said content but add even more fun to be had throughout. Activision and its various dev teams working on these titles have included a ton of content for Season 4 that fans can get excited for. Let’s break them down!
- Vondel – a new mid-sized urban map that will be the home for various modes such as a revamped Resurgence mode, Lockdown LTM, DMZ, and battle royale as well. It also includes dynamic fog to enhance gameplay moments.
- AL Mazrah – This map sees changes to topographical locations.
- Vengeance Icons – This new feature tags the direction in which the player who killed your ally came from, so that you can take the battle back to them. This is exclusive to the Resurgence mode.
- Centralized Hub For DMZ – This hub, known as FOB (Foward Operating Base) will serve the purpose of keeping all of the important things you need in one place, such as your Stash, Weapon Locker, Bounty Board, and the Communication Station. You’ll also be able to pick up Urgent Missions which are Faction-based tasks that can be completed quickly for a nice turnaround on reputation with said faction.
- Phalanx – A new faction enters the fray, though not much is known about them just yet, though they will seemingly play a large role in the lore for Season 4.
- Other Enhancements For Season 4 – This season will also see new vehicles enter the battlefield, such as the four-passenger amphibious land strider, the TAV, the ability to bring your favorite loadouts into the game, the ability to bring in NPC reinforcements to the battle, various in-game events wherein players can earn rewards, and of course, a brand-new Gulag for Season 4.
Modern Warfare 2
- Maps – Season 4 will see a staggering seven new maps make their way into the game, including a remake of the Showdown map from the original Modern Warfare series. Players can expect to see Showdown, Kunstenaar District, Mercado, Penthouse, Mawizeh Marshlands, Ahkdar Village, and Vondel Waterfront make their way into the game by mid-season.
- RAID – Players who have been keeping up with the spec ops mode, RAID< will be able to play the mode’s final episode in Season 4.
- Search & Destroy/Prisoner Rescue Updates – Both S&D and Prisoner Rescue will be expanded to a 12v12 player extravaganza as part of Featured 12v12 Playlists. Normal 6v6 playlists can be found as well for those who prefer them.
Across Both Games
- Guns, Guns, Guns – New weapons will be available to score throughout the season’s battle pass for players of either game. These include the Tempus Razorback AR, the ISO 45 SMG, and the Tonfa melee weapon.
- Operators To Choose From – As always, this season will see many new Operators get their introduction into the ongoing war and be added to the Shop for purchase. Season 4 will see the return of Modern Warfare (2019’s) Nikto, Io, Ana Vega, Izanami (AKA “Izzy”), and Butch.
Whether you’re a die-hard player that’s eager to start yet another season, or a newbie just getting started, it seems that Season 4 for Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.0 is a great time to be playing the games during. Are you excited for Season 4 and what it brings with it? Comment below and let us know what you’re thinking about Season 4 of Call of Duty!