Every Thursday we share the weekly Famitsu sales charts, which tracks physical boxed game sales and hardware sales in Japan. This week’s chart covers August 7 – 13, and once again Pikmin 4 continues to hold the top spot on the charts. Selling an additional 70,000 units this week, the latest entry in the Pikmin series has now crossed the 600,000 sales mark, in what is sure to be franchise-best sales performance.
Pikmin 4 sales only dropped by 11% from last week, and we’re already four weeks into the release of the game. It’s good news for developers Nintendo, as they are dominating the charts this week, with every single title belonging to the Nintendo Switch. The evergreen nature of the system is showing no signs of slowing down, with a mix of both older and more recent titles in the mix.
Here’s the full Famitsu software sales chart for August 7 – 13. Missed last week’s report when Pikmin 4 continued its run at #1? Check out the last Famitsu chart right here!
- Pikmin 4 (Switch): 69,989 [666,377 total]
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch): 16,177 [5,426,782 total]
- Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch): 15,768 [1,820,225 total]
- Minecraft (Switch): 9,878 [3,225,961 total]
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch): 7,819 [5,258,520 total]
- Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch): 7,618 [1,151,536 total]
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (Switch): 7,128 [5,029,971 total]
- Splatoon 3 (Switch): 6,705 [4,085,585 total]
- Natsu-Mon: 20th Century Summer Vacation (Switch): 6,155 [37,594 total]
- Mario Party Superstars (Switch): 5,952 [1,279,705 total]
Here’s the Famitsu hardware chart too. Console families are grouped together for simplicity.
- Switch: 91,744 [2,534,416 yearly total]
- PS5: 50,862 [1,770,397 yearly total]
- Xbox Series: 2,292 [82,589 yearly total]
Did you pick up any games on the chart this week? How long do you think Pikmin 4 will be able to hold onto first place? Let us know in the comments below, and keep your eyes on GameLuster for more breaking gaming news and sales charts.