Every Thursday we share the weekly Famitsu sales charts, which tracks physical boxed game sales and hardware sales in Japan. This week’s chart covers July 31 – August 6, as Pikmin 4 continues to sell excellently in its third week since release. The latest entry in the Pikmin series sold almost 79,000 additional units this week, with it’s total physical sales now approaching 600,000 in Japan. This comes just one week after crossing the half a million point in last week’s chart report.
There are no new debuts this week, with the entire chart being dominated by Nintendo Switch hits both new and old. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has returned to second place, after dropping to #3 last week, with the evergreen Mario Kart 8 Deluxe rising into the top three at third place. All the Switch games sold also saw a rise in Switch sales, with the system selling an additional 93,000 consoles last week across all its variants.
Here’s the full Famitsu software sales chart for July 31 – August 6. Missed last week’s report when Pikmin 4 crossed the 500,000 mark in its second week? Check out the last Famitsu chart right here!
- Pikmin 4 (Switch): 78,838 [596,388 total]
- Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch): 14,673 [1,804,457 total]
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch): 14,143 [5,410,605 total]
- Natsu-Mon: 20th Century Summer Vacation (Switch): 13,172 [31,439 total]
- Minecraft (Switch): 8,486 [3,216,083 total]
- Splatoon 3 (Switch): 6,921 [4,078,880 total]
- Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch): 6,491 [1,143,918 total]
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch): 6,044 [5,250,701 total]
- Mario Party Superstars (Switch): 4,951 [1,273,753 total]
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (Switch): 4,799 [5,085,843 total]
Here’s the Famitsu hardware chart too. Console families are grouped together for simplicity.
- Switch: 93,210 [2,442,672 yearly total]
- PS5: 50,358 [1,719,535 yearly total]
- Xbox Series: 3,276 [80,297 yearly total]
Did you pick up any games on the chart this week? Let us know in the comments below, and keep your eyes on GameLuster for more breaking gaming news and sales charts.