Every Thursday we share the weekly Famitsu sales charts, which tracks physical boxed game sales and hardware sales in Japan. This week’s chart covers September 11 – 17, as Pikmin 4 once again holds the top spot on the charts. The reign of Pikmin 4 has been extraordinarily impressive, even keeping #1 this week after three new chart debuts from Super Bomberman R 2, Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster and One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 Deluxe Edition.
This week’s chart also sees Pokémon Scarlet and Violet floating up the chart a little more, securing their place in the top three for the first time in a while since the gigantic launch period the games had. This is likely due to the recent release of The Teal Mask DLC expansion.
Here’s the full Famitsu software sales chart for September 11 – 17. Missed last week’s report when Pikmin 4 surpassed 800,000 units sold? Check out the last Famitsu chart right here!
- Pikmin 4 (Switch): 23,489 [841,335 total]
- Super Bomberman R 2 (Switch): 11,588 [new]
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (Switch): 9,319 [5,128,233 total]
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch): 8,844 [5,484,620 total]
- Baten Kaitos I & III HD Remaster (Switch): 7,975 [new]
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 Deluxe (Switch): 6,041 [new]
- Minecraft (Switch): 5,981 [3,263,470 total]
- Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch): 4,899 [1,859,685 total]
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch): 4,581 [5,285,999 total]
- Ring Fit Adventure (Switch): 4,277 [3,462,838 total]
Here’s the Famitsu hardware chart too. Console families are grouped together for simplicity.
- Switch: 71,578 [2,918,755 yearly total]
- PS5: 38,611 [1,984,865 yearly total]
- Xbox Series: 1,670 [100,086 yearly total]
Did you pick up any of the games on the Famitsu chart this week? How long do you think Pikmin 4 is keeping its crown, and what do you think the charts next week will look like? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, and keep your eyes on GameLuster for more gaming news.