If you’re an avid player of Octopath Traveler 2, you know that side quests can provide an extra layer of depth to the game’s world and story. One of the most popular side stories is the Genius Inventor side quest, which requires players to gather a series of items for Arkar, the titular genius inventor. However, this quest can be quite challenging and confusing for those who don’t know where to start. In this article, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to complete the Genius Inventor side quest in Octopath Traveler 2, from understanding its purpose to reaping the rewards of your hard work.
How To Complete The A Genius Inventor Side Quest In Octopath Traveler 2
Embark on this thrilling adventure by making your way to the Eastern New Delsta Road, where you’ll need to track down an NPC by the name of Arkar. Once you find him, engage in conversation and he will inquire if you have arrived to witness his latest groundbreaking inventions.
With a bold claim that his keen eyes can see everything, Arkar feels untroubled in revealing his inventions to someone as dedicated as you who has traveled such a great distance. As he unveils his inventive masterpieces, he gifts you the Proof of the Inventor, which allows the Inventor to become your Secondary Job. However, our innovative friend requires assistance – he needs specific materials collected to proceed with his work.
- Unerring Earing: You can purchase this item from the weapon shop in New Delsta for 280 Leaves.
- Critical Earing: You can buy this item from the weapon shop in Canalbrine for 280 Leaves.
- Fire/Ice/Thunder Soulstone: You can buy this item from the Black Market shop in New Delsta Harbor for 700 Leaves each.
- Rainbow Glass Bottle: You can get this item from a chest in Conning Creek Harbor on the river bank.
- Empowering Lychee: You can get this item from a chest in North Beastling Traverse on the river bank.
- Mythical Horn: You can get this item from a chest in the Nameless Village after knocking out a Beastling (using Hikari’s Challenge, Ochette’s Provoke, Throne’s Ambush, or Castti’s Soothe Path action)
- Tin Toy: You can use Partitio to Purchase this item from a Merchant inside the Wellgrove Department Store.
- Soldier’s Bow: You can buy this item from the Weapon shop in Clockbank: Industrial District for 11,000 Leaves.
- Guardian Axe: You can buy this item from the Weapon shop in Stormhail for 23,000 Leaves.
- Great Blade: You can use Throne to Steal this item from a Soldier NPC in Sai, Hinoeuma.
- Scrap Metal: You can Purchase (Partitio), Steal (Throne), Entreat (Agnea) or Mug (Osvald) this item from a Factory Worker NPC found outside the weapon shop in Clockbank: Industrial District.
- Natural Magnetite: You can get this item (using the same Path Actions as above) from a chest in Unfinished Tunnel beside the track in Crackridge Wilds.
- Ancient Cog: You can get this item (using the same Path Actions as above) from a Factory Worker NPC in Roque Island, Harborlands. You will need a boat to access Roque Island.
Once you have gathered all the required materials, return to Arkar and hand over the items. After giving all the items to him, the quest will be completed, and you will receive 10,000 Leaves and a Mechanical Top Hat as a reward.
That concludes our guide on how to complete the A Genius Inventor side quest in Octopath Traveler 2. We hope you find the guide helpful. If so, please consider sharing it with others. If you have questions, let us know in the comment section below!
Also, check out GameLuster’s other Octopath Traveler 2 guides to learn how to complete other side stories such as A Mysterious Box, Ghormf, and more!