As January of 2022 comes to a close, Xbox has officially announced the next set of titles leaving their Xbox Game Pass service. Typically, Xbox removes titles twice per month, although new titles are often added at the same time. However, some of the titles being added to Xbox Game Pass in February 2022 have been announced at this time, with more expected to be announced in the near future.
In the meantime, the four titles leaving Xbox Game Pass as of February 1st, 2022 are:
- Cyber Shadow, a side-scrolling platformer in which the ninja Shadow must save his clan from sentient machines
- Nowhere Prophet, a roguelike deck-building game in which a prophet leads followers through a procedurally generated environment
- Prison Architect, a management simulation game in which the player builds and runs a private prison
- Xeno Crisis, a twin-stick shooter in which a team of space marines battle against enemy aliens
While fans are disappointed to see all four titles leaving, reactions are especially strong regarding Cyber Shadow, which has been available via Xbox Game Pass since its initial release in 2021. However, Xbox has in the past re-added popular indie titles to Game Pass, such as Outer Wilds, so hope might not be fully lost for Cyber Shadow.
The five titles which will be added to Xbox Game Pass during February are:
- Dreamscaper, an action roguelike game built around a waking/dreaming cycle, available February 3rd
- Besiege: Console Edition, a strategy sandbox game in which players build medieval siege engines, available February 10th
- Edge of Eternity, a turn-based role-playing game in a mixed science fiction and fantasy setting, available February 10th
- Total War: Warhammer 3, a turn-based strategy title and the latest entry in the Total War series, available February 17th
- Shredders, an open-world snowboarding game, available at an unannounced date in February
Xbox Game Pass is available in both PC and console versions, as well as an Ultimate version that combines both PC and console options.