In Alan Wake 2, you will encounter numerous enemies on your playthrough, ranging from bosses to basic ones. To defeat them, you should have a good range of weapons, and upgrading them is a must. The further you progress in the game, the stronger the enemies you will face. An upgraded weapon could mean the difference between life and death for the characters. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about upgrading weapons in Alan Wake 2!
How To Upgrade Weapons in Alan Wake 2
You can upgrade weapons by visiting Saga Anderson’s Mind Place. Inside the place, look for the table with wine bottles under it, as the manual for your gun is kept on it. Once you get near it, interact with the manual and it will show all the available upgrades. Initially, only upgrades for Saga’s Pistol will be available, but later in the game, you can upgrade other weapons as well.
You will be shown three different upgrade options, which you need to choose from based on amount of Manuscript Fragments you hold. As shown in the image above, the Manuscripts work as a currency for buying weapon upgrades. You can find these fragments inside the colorful-looking lunchboxes hidden around the game’s world.
That said, the three starting options for weapon upgrades for Saga’s Pistol are as follows:
- Again and Again: It increases the Pistol’s rate of fire You just need to hold the fire button for a few seconds to activate the auto-fire mode. (18 Fragments required to upgrade)
- More Bullets: This upgrade increases the magazine size of the Pistol by 50%, allowing you to fire more bullets at a time. (12 Fragments required to upgrade)
- Another Headshot: It increases the accuracy of your headshot. You can land two headshots on enemies quickly, leaving them stunned for longer. (12 Fragments required to upgrade)
Later game weapon upgrades include:
- Fluid Motion (Sawed-Off Shotgun) – Increases the reload speed of the Sawed-Off Shotgun
- Out of Action (Sawed-Off Shotgun) – The SOS does more damage against blinded, knocked down, or stunned enemies
- Ready for More (Sawed-Off Shotgun) – Restore health when killing an enemy with the SOS
- Magnetic Pull (Crossbow) – Crossbow bolts fired into enemies will attract bullets
- Pull the String (Crossbow) – Increases and straightens the range of the Crossbow
- Two Shots (Crossbow) – Fire two bolts from the Crossbow without needing to reload
- Feedback Loop (Hunting Rifle) – Decreases time between Hunting Rifle shots
- Kill Shots (Hunting Rifle) – Lets Saga enter a Focus Mode when using the Hunting Rifle
- Way Home (Hunting Rifle) – Hunting Rifle bullets penetrate enemy darkness shields
- Faster and Faster (Pump-Action Shotgun) – Activates automatic fire for Pump-Action Shotgun
- Stay On Course (Pump-Action Shotgun) – Reduces kickback and pellet spread and increases damage for PAS
- Under Control (Pump-Action Shotgun) – Move faster while aiming PAS
And that’s how you can upgrade Saga’s weapons in Alan Wake 2. If you find this guide helpful, share it with your friends. Also, let us know in the comment section which is your current favorite weapon in the game. And make sure to stay tuned to GameLuster for more upcoming Alan Wake 2 guides!
Alan Wake 2 is currently available on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC platforms.