Every Thursday we share the weekly Famitsu sales charts, which tracks physical boxed game sales and hardware sales in Japan. This week’s chart covers August 21 – 27, and Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon has secured the top two spots on the chart with both its PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 release. The game sold just over 115,000 units on PS5, and just shy of 48,000 copies on PS4. Combined, the game sold over 163,000 copies across both systems, putting it far above the third place entry Pikmin 4, finally dropping after its long run at #1.
The combined physical sales of Armored Core VI are actually lower than what Armored Core V sold on PS3 and Xbox 360 back in its January 2012 release, selling about 13.5% less than the previous entry in its initial release week. It’s worth considering however that digital game sales are much higher now than what they were in 2012, so there’s a chance that the digital performance of the game could flip the story. The figures we have for Armored Core V comes from Media Creates sales, which can be slightly different than Famitsu, so that’s also worth consideration before making any conclusive judgements.
The rest of the charts this week remains ruled by Switch titles, from the newly released surprise sales titan Pikmin 4, to the evergreen Splatoon 3, Minecraft and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Even though Pikmin 4 sales are slowing at this point, managing to sell over 30,000 more units this week is still an impressive feat.
Here’s the full Famitsu software sales chart for August 21 – 27. Missed last week’s report when Pikmin 4 crossed the gigantic 700,000 sales point? Check out the last Famitsu chart right here!
- Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PS5): 115,393 [debut]
- Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PS4): 47,949 [debut]
- Pikmin 4 (Switch): 31,312 [752,593 total]
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch): 10,200 [5,453,841 total]
- Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch): 7,656 [1,840,742 total]
- Minecraft (Switch): 7,486 [3,243,441 total]
- Ring Fit Adventure (Switch): 5,797 [3,447,789 total]
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (Switch): 5,450 [5,106,417 total]
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch): 5,037 [5,270,870 total]
- Splatoon 3 (Switch): 4,768 [4,097,939 total]
Here’s the Famitsu hardware chart too. Console families are grouped together for simplicity.
- Switch: 71,702 [2,683,898 yearly total]
- PS5: 42,730 [1,850,538 yearly total]
- Xbox Series: 3,440 [87,356 yearly total]
Did you pick up any games on the chart this week? What do you think of Armored Core VI‘s first week performance? Let us know all your thoughts down below. As always, keep your eyes on GameLuster for more breaking gaming news, reviews and more.