Every Thursday we share the weekly Famitsu sales charts, which tracks physical boxed game sales and hardware sales in Japan. This week’s chart covers August 14 – 20, and once again Pikmin 4 finds itself crossing sales milestones. The latest entry in the Pikmin serious has been a massive seller for the Nintendo Switch, and it once again is showing no signs of slowing down any time soon.
In what was its fifth week on sale, Pikmin 4 sold just shy of an additional 55,000 units, sending it flying past 700,000 total sales. It was only last week that the game crossed the 600,000 mark, but sales for Pikmin 4 have been incredibly consistent on a weekly basis in Japan. We’re incredibly curious to see how well the game has performed globally, but we’ll likely need to wait for Nintendo’s next financial update to get the numbers for ourselves.
Here’s the full Famitsu software sales chart for August 14 – 20. Missed last week’s report when Pikmin 4 crossed 600,000 sales? Check out the last Famitsu chart right here!
- Pikmin 4 (Switch): 54,904 [721,281 total]
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch): 16,859 [5,443,641 total]
- Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch): 12,861 [1,833,086 total]
- Minecraft (Switch): 9,994 [3,235,955 total]
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (Switch): 7,996 [5,100,967 total]
- Splatoon 3 (Switch): 7,586 [4,093,171 total]
- Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch): 7,368 [1,158,904 total]
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch): 7,313 [5,265,833 total]
- Mario Party Superstars (Switch): 5,909 [1,285,614 total]
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch): 5,699 [7,517,866 total]
Here’s the Famitsu hardware chart too. Console families are grouped together for simplicity.
- Switch: 77,780 [2,612,196 yearly total]
- PS5: 37,411 [1,807,808 yearly total]
- Xbox Series: 1,327 [83,916 yearly total]
Did you pick up any games on the chart this week? Just how long do you think Pikmin 4 is keeping top spot on the Famitsu charts? Let us know all your thoughts down below. As always, keep your eyes on GameLuster for more breaking gaming news, reviews and more.