Remember last year’s cute action-adventure game Kena: Bridge of Spirits? Well, the game is turning one year old, and developer Ember Lab is celebrating with a new update. This update with be available on PlayStation 5, Playstation 4, and PC on September 27.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits will also debut on steam; the game was originally a timed exclusive to the Epic Game store. In addition to its Steam debut, Kena’s anniversary update will include a New Game Plus, the Spirit Guide Trails, new outfits, and more. You can check out the trailer for the update below.
“We’re really excited to give fans new ways to experience Kena. One of the features we’re most excited bout is New Game+, which will allow players who’ve completed the game to restart Kena’s journey with all of their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits, Rot, etc., and take on redesigned and more challenging combat encounters. We can’t wait to see new and existing players take on the new content.” said Ember Lab’s Founder Josh Grier.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of what’s coming to Kena: Bridge of Spirits next month:
- New Game+, which will allow players who’ve completed the game to restart Kena’s journey with all of their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits, Rot, etc and take on redesigned and more challenging combat encounters.
- Charmstones that are Individually equipable – these unique collectibles each provide different adjustments to Kena’s stats and abilities.
- New game mode called the Spirit Guide Trials, challenging players’ skills with a variety of replayable challenges across three different categories; Obstacle Courses, Wave Defenses, and Boss Reflects.
- Completing the Spirit Guide Trials unlock outfits for Kena, each one inspired by one of the characters she meets along her journey. Succeeding at bonus objectives within each trial can unlock color variations of each outfit, as well as some unique Charmstones.
- An exclusive new outfit for Deluxe Edition owners.
Have you played Kena: Bridge of Spirits yet? If you haven’t, will you jump into the game when the update releases? Let us know in the comments, and for more on cute adventures and great games, stay tuned to GameLuster.