Nintendo has shared their latest earnings report, and there’s some massive new sales figures to report. All sales are counted up to Sept. 30, when the financial quarter ended. Things are looking good overall, as the Switch itself has now crossed 114 million sales. It inches ever closer to the Game Boy and Game Boy Color’s combined 119 million systems sold, which the Switch is expected to cross next year.
The last quarter has also been a huge success for Nintendo’s first-party games. Splatoon 3 sold 7.9 million units in less than a month, rapidly overtaking the lifetime sales of Splatoon (5 million) and more than half of Splatoon 2‘s lifetime sales (14 million as of March 2022). Another great performer is Kirby and the Forgotten Land, which has pushed the series to new heights and become the best selling Kirby game of all time with 5.3 million units sold so far. It overtakes Kirby’s Dream Land on the Game Boy, which had 5.1 million sales.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 had the biggest first quarter sales in series history, selling 1.7 million units after just two months. Meanwhile, Nintendo Switch Sports has hit almost 6.2 million sales, a respectable number for the latest in Nintendo’s Sports series.
The evergreen titles of the Switch continued to sell through the last quarter too, giving us an updated top ten as seen below. All figures are in millions and rounded to one decimal place.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 48.4 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 40.2 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 29.5 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 27.8 million
- Pokémon Sword and Shield – 25.4 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 24.4 million
- Super Mario Party – 18.4 million
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl – 14.9 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 14.9 million
- Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee – 14.8 million
What Nintendo Switch games did you pick up this last quarter? Let us know in the comments below, and keep your eyes on GameLuster for more gaming news.