Every Thursday we get the Famitsu sales chart, showing us who performed best with physical retail sales in Japan. The Oct. 10 to Oct. 16 chart is here, and Splatoon 3 has finally slowed down its sales momentum. The latest entry in the Splatoon series sold 97,000 copies, marking the first week since launch it has sold less than 100,000 units. As ever, we have our friends at Install Base to thank for these figures.
Despite the dip below 100,000, Splatoon 3 maintains the #1 spot this week. The game has reigned supreme at the top of the Japanese chart since its record-breaking launch, with a gigantic debut week of almost two million sales. The only new entry to the Famitsu sales chart this week is Dragon Ball: The Breakers – Special Edition, which debuted at #7 with 5,000 sales. There’s no FIFA 23 on the chart this week, as both the regular and Nintendo Switch-exclusive Legacy Edition slip out of the chart.
- Splatoon 3 (Switch): 97,071 weekly / 3,118,118 total
- Dragon Quest X Offline (Switch) – 11,145 weekly / 199,927 total
- NieR: Automata The End of YoRHa (Switch): 9,672 weekly / 39,890 total
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch): 7,337 weekly / 4,873,017 total
- Minecraft (Switch): 6,941 weekly / 2,821,843 total
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival (Switch): 5,685 weekly / 52,358 total
- Dragon Ball: The Breakers – Special Edition (Switch): 5,312 weekly / 5,312 total
- Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch): 4,609 weekly / 754,799 total
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch): 3,856 weekly / 4,992,703 weekly
- Dragon Quest X Offline (PS4): 3,697 weekly / 70,841 total
There’s less than a month until the Splatoon X Pokémon crossover splatfest begins, and the world’s favorite starter type will be decided. Bayonetta 3 also launches next week, but we’ll need to wait until the week after to report sales data.
Have you bought any of the games featured in this week’s Famitsu sales chart? Let us know in the comments below, and keep your eyes on GameLuster for more gaming news.